In order of preference and awesomeness, here are my Top Five Lunch Spots in Cary, North Carolina:
1. Tangerine Cafe (www.tangerinecafecary.com/): Where else can you go and find six kinds of Asian cuisine all on the same menu? Never mind service with a smile, frequent diner rewards and discount coupons e-mailed to your inbox. Oh, it also doesn't hurt that the house favorite Korean-style beef is less than $6 and comes with fresh veggies, rice or noodles and the best spicy coconut soup on the planet. Speaking of coconut, try the coconut rice pudding for dessert. It's to die for.
2. Ruckus Pizza, Pasta and Spirits (www.ruckuspizza.com/): So much more than a pizza joint, Ruckus dishes up killer burgers, salads, wraps, sandwiches and pasta. For something different, try the crispy mahi sandwich with a side salad and the phenomenal house-made thousand island dressing. Service is crazy good, and managing partner Ryan Pilz is always nearby to ensure your dining experience exceeds expectations. There's nowhere better to watch a big game on TV or play cornhole.
3. Sushi-Thai Cary (http://www.sushithaicary.com/): What can I say? I'm a sucker for great Thai food, and this place ranks among the best anywhere. The signature pad Thai is the star attraction, and it's my go-to dish virtually every time. On the rare occasion that I order sushi, I always get a side of the fantastic eel sauce. Service is impeccable and prices are reasonable.
4. Cafe Capistrano, Cary (http://www.cafecapistrano.com/): Who knew California-style Mexican could taste so good? Order the amazing and substantial Mexican Salad with lime dressing. The house burrito with Angus beef also reigns supreme. Great ambiance and reliable service make Cafe Capistrano my top hidden restaurant in Cary.
5. The Food Factory (http://www.thefoodfactory.com/): This fast-casual New York-style deli is as legit as you'll find around here. The extensive menu offers dozens of tempting options. Can't-miss selections include the chicken salad spinach wrap with bacon and tomatoes and the classic Reuben. You can also customize your sandwich any way you like it. Bonus points for bottomless Pepsi on tap!